Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Maria over at Jubilee on Earth has posted a fun Thursday Thirteen and invited everyone to join in. I have decided to shirk all responsibility for a few moments and play along. If you have a blog and want to play, too, go right ahead.

So here is my first Thursday Thirteen -Wacky Questions - "If I could..."


1) If you could time-travel, and go back to any particular time/place in history, what would it be?

Although I am a sucker for modern conveniences I would probably choose either Victorian England or right here in Texas about 100 years ago.

2) If you could go back and relive any time in your life, what would it be?

Wow. I don’t even know. Maybe my time in Europe right after college.

3) If you could change one thing about your body, what would it be?

The effects of gravity.

4) If you could do anything in the world for a living, what would it be?

I really like being a mom, but there’s not much money in it. I would love to be a writer. Maybe a professional singer, but I would have to get over my stage fright and have a really fun band to play with. (You know who you are!)

5) If you could only read one book over and over again in your life, what one book would that be?

I guess it would have to be the Bible, but I would need a really good teacher to chat with about it.

6) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

There is a little patch of land just outside of Navasota, Texas…..

7) If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your days, what outfit would that be?

Probably a T-shirt and jeans.

8) If you could have dinner with any one person (dead or alive) -- anyone -- who would it be?

Jesus Christ.

9) If you could ask for any talent or skill and instantly receive it, what talent would that be?

I would love to be able to paint in oils.

10) If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

The condition of my house.

11) If you could name your biggest regret, what would that be?

Not too much to regret, really, but I do wish I had taken art classes in school.

12) If you could have exactly one million dollars right now in your hands, what would you do with it?

Pay off all my debts, make a couple of charities really happy, and buy a place in the country.

13) If you could fix one major world problem on this Earth, what would you fix?

Given my domestic frame of mind, I would probably make sure that everyone had enough to eat. There is just too much of my grandmother in me, I guess.

1 comment:

Jubilee on Earth said...

Hey, I love your answers! Wasn't this fun? You're right... as soon as I read your answer to the "one book" (The Bible) I realized that would've been my choice as well. Not sure how I didn't think of that.

Thanks for playing! I got a kick out of reading...

~Maria