I have been tagged by Michelle to post 10 weird things about me. Hmm. If I was tagged 20 - 25 years ago, this would be a much more interesting post. I'm just not too weird right now. I don't think. Let's see what I can come up with.
1. I am mildly obsessive/compulsive. Well, that is what everyone else would say. I just like things the way I like them and that's that. No one will touch the dishwasher for fear that they will put something in the wrong place. I'm really not as uptight about this as "they" would have you believe, but I do think that it should be orderly.
2. I am flat-footed. It is a result of having a twisted pelvis. Everything from there down is twisted a little which results in flat feet. I went to a podiatrist to see about having bunions removed and he said don't bother. Because of the way I am built, they would just come right back.
3. Since I read Michelle's list, I wonder if I have "social phobia". She described how it is for her and it is a lot like what I experience with the exception that I'm not particularly shy and find that in my nervousness I talk too much. It's like, help, I'm talking and I can't shut up!!
4. While not shy, I am very quiet by nature. If the situation is comfortable for me, I am perfectly content to say nothing. I like the quiet.
5. I am also very solitary. I require solitude to be mentally healthy. I just don't like a lot of people around all the time.
6. I have Meniere's Disease. The disease manifests itself with dizziness, vertigo with associated nausea and vomiting, hearing loss, over-sensitivity to sound, tinnitus (both ringing and rushing), and a feeling of fullness in the affected ear. I try to control it with a number of vitamins and nutritional supplements. It's working pretty well.
7. I have had the same best friend for 33 years. I don't know if that is weird, but it is unusual.
8. I have a flat place on my nose. I can't tell you how many people have asked me over the years how I broke it. I didn't. I just have a wide bridge.
9. I grind my teeth in my sleep.
10. I asked my husband for help with this list and he could only come up with one thing. Is it weird that my husband doesn't think I'm very weird?
Whew. That was a struggle. I won't tag anyone specifically, but I will invite anyone who wishes to play along. Let's all be weird together.