Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday's Tip

Today's tip: Forgive yourself.

Take today for example. We had a coupon for a free lunch at a new neighborhood restaurant that was training its waitstaff in anticipation of their real opening. I took the kids over. We each got a free meal plus cheesecake. While the menu may have been limited, the portions were not. Nor was my desire to try some of everything on the table. Add that to the fact that I only walked half as many steps as I want to in a day (I wear a pedometer) and that I ate the leftover cheesecake for dinner, it has not been a day for good health.

But tomorrow is another day. Call me Scarlet, but I know that unless Jesus comes back the sun will rise tomorrow and I will have another chance to get it right.

It's OK to mess up every now and then as long as you don't let it bring you down so much that you give up. Sing with me, "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again."

No comments: