Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Fever

Please, don't call the truant officers. Don't call CPS. Don't even call my husband. I'm sorry. I'm really, really, really sorry, but the weather is just too gorgeous.

I mean, come on! It is the mid-70's. The skies are so blue. There is a lovely, cool breeze blowing. The humidity is even under control. It is p-e-r-f-e-c-t outside.

We tried to do some school. We really tried. But we had to have a picnic in the backyard. We had chickens to hug and feed worms. We had a few flowers to transplant. We had to lay on a blanket in the sun and soak up some vitamin D. We had to give Isaiah a tummy rub. We had to listen to the birds. And, my word, we had to swing. How can you not swing in weather like this?

Hey, I hung two loads of laundry on the line. I was so busy saving the planet I didn't have time to do any more than we did today.

I hope you all can forgive me. I'm trying to forgive myself. The biggest problem - I think tomorrow is supposed to be just as wonderful.

No comments: