Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Guests Have Left

We are sad, and oh so tired, but our guests have gone back to California. We tried our darndest (is that a word?) to give them plenty of good reasons to move here. One needs no convincing. His wife needs more. She brought her sister along for the trip. I think she would come back for the Blue Bell alone. And, really, who wouldn't?

We did our best to be good hosts and tour guides to Houston's many attractions. We went to the Museum of Fine Arts, The Holocaust Museum, Central Market, the Arboretum, the zoo, the Museum of Natural Science as well as the Cockrell Butterfly Center. They also made trip to Galveston. We drove them around downtown and took them by the studio of the guy who is making the big presidential heads.

But now that they are gone, I discovered that I didn't take a single picture of them while they were here. As I go off to take a nap (I wish!) I will leave you with some of the other sights we did see.

We have several baby giraffes at the zoo. They are soooo cute.

There were so many beautiful butterflies. They were very active because it was such a warm day.

And this is Mac. He is the baby elephant at the zoo. He is a year and a half old. And very cute.
Back to real life. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a tour! I think I want to come visit you -- you can certainly convince me to live in Houston. ;)