I have always liked it. The boy, not so much. But now we use it for just about everything. He is getting used to it.
No, really, we use it for everything. Let me list a few things here:
- Of course, we use it to clean windows and mirrors (add a little alcohol and it dries faster, no streaks!)
- Apple cider vinegar took care of the boy's ringworm. Just dab it with a cotton ball a few times a day for a couple of days.
- After the poo-free experiment, I now use it in place of conditioner on my hair. I use it diluted 50/50 and rinse before I wash. (Maybe more on that later.)
- I really use it to clean just about everything. I keep it in a spray bottle and clean everything with it. Counter tops, toilet seats, sinks, appliances, walls, you name it.
- Dilute it and use it to clean out the iron or the coffee maker.
- Gargle with apple cider vinegar for a sore throat and to avoid strep. Only make sure you swish water in your mouth afterwards. Vinegar is acidic and bad for your tooth enamel.
- Mix with baking soda and make a volcano! Add a little red food coloring and the kids go wild!
- And we can't forget cooking. I don't use salad dressing any more. I just toss my salads with a little olive oil and one of the many vinegars. I marinade all kinds of meat with it. Slow cook beef with some balsamic vinegar. Mmmm.
If you need more reasons to buy vinegar in bulk, check here and here. And I have never made vinegar myself, but if you are feeling adventurous, check out here. More good tips and a recipe.