Wednesday, November 5, 2008

(Kinda) Wordless Wednesday

Scenes from a November garden in Houston.

Yes, we still have tropicals blooming.

When I pick this lemon, I will show you the size of it. My mother gave me the tree for Christmas. I can't wait to pick the solitary fruit that hangs from its limb. It is called a Ponderosa lemon and it is one big lemon.

The bouganvillea on the back fence is still blooming. You can see the leaves on the fig tree starting to brown around the edges. They will all be gone soon.

I bought a dwarf satsuma this summer. It, too, has but one lonely fruit hanging. It is almost ripe. I can't wait to see how it tastes.

This the most welcome sight though. We lost so many pecans during Ike. We have been pleasantly surprised to find there are a few pecans that weathered the storm and are ready to be picked.

How does your garden grow?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics-my flowers are all gone-already frost bitten here!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

Beautiful! We have a handful of hardy plants -- mums and the like. Nothing like those!!!!

Thank you for this post! A taste of summer for those of us who are missing it!

Blessings!
Lacy

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Love your pictures! I envy that you have a pecan tree!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

What must it be like to have lemons growing in your backyard??? Gosh, I am so envious. Do think we could grow them here in my neck of the woods? I must find out!

Blessings!
Lacy