I'm sorry I have been so absent, but Missy was kind enough to not only post this but offer it up as blog fodder for the rest of us. I decided to take her up on it in hopes that it would get me back in the swing of things. I've been driven out of my mind by the dye in the red velvet bows. Maybe this will bring me back to the land of the living.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both, please. But we'll all have a hollier, jollier Christmas if they are made with Lactaid.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He just sets them under the tree. He thinks they make a much more exciting display that way.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White and only white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Depends on whether of not we make it up to the hundred acre wood and shoot some down or not.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as I finish putting up everyone else's! They should be up this weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Do I have to pick just one? That is part of what I love about the holidays - the food!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Probably just the excitement of the day and all the visiting and family involved.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? About 4th grade, but I fought it as long as I could.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I don't, but the kids do.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Very well, thank you.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Well, if you mean the little flurries we get here - love it!! If you mean the miserable drifts that I see on the news - live in the South to avoid it at all costs!!
12. Can you ice skate? Depends on what you mean by that. I can stay vertical. Most of the time.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I might have to go with my Kitchen Aid mixer. It's been a favorite for over 10 years now.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Oh, I guess if I were really pressed, I would have to say THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST!! (I stole that from Missy, but it was too good not to.)
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Upside down pear gingerbread. With whipped cream, of course.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having ALL the family over to the house.
17. What tops your tree? Usually a star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Yes.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I adore Christmas music, but my all time favorites are Oh, Holy Night, Mary, Did You Know, just about any of the old hymns, and Silent Night when sung in a darkened sanctuary with little white candles held high.
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I'm kind of take them or leave them on the candy cane issue, unless they are crushed into some white chocolate bark. Then it's definitely a yum.
21 Favorite Christmas Show? Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
22. Saddest Christmas Song? Saddest? Is there a sad Christmas song? Any one at the right time can make me cry, but not from sadness.
Need a Christmas break? Go ahead, copy this post and fill it out on your blog. And let me know about it so I can go see what Christmas looks like in your world.