Monday, December 7, 2009

What a Fun Weekend

Not only did we get snow, but I finished the last of the 29 properties I had to decorate this year!

Most were pretty ribbons and bows.


We did a few wreaths, but only a couple of new ones.

And not only did we get snow and I finished all the properties, but I got to meet me a gen-u-ine celebrity. I had to sit in the frozen food section of a grocery store for 3 hours to do it, but here we are.


Do you recognize her? I'm the one on the left who looks half asleep. I have no excuse other than I was probably half asleep. The lovely, photogenic one on the right is none other than The Pioneer Woman herself, Ree Drummond. She was in town to sign her cookbook.

This woman is a complete pro. As gracious as the day is long. Smiles and thanks for everyone. Really seemed very genuine and sincere.

Sitting in the frozen food section of Georgia's Market for 3 hours netted me 2 new bloggy friends and a freshly knitted scarf.

Here are the friends. This is Jenna from Newlyweds.

She was there with her mom taking a break from her twins boys (: O) to meet Ree. She was just as sweet as she can be and cute as a bug. She helped the time go quickly.

As did Denise.

She is from Kopecki Korner. She is a very newly wed, just this summer, and a laugh riot. Her husband works for Blue Bell, so I'm pretty much going to make sure we are friends for life.

It was fun. It was almost relaxing. And I have a little piece of bloggy history on my kitchen shelf.

6 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

You lucky woman! I want to meet Ree too, I wonder if she will be anywhere around here at all.

Jenna said...

It sure was a fun time, so happy to have spent it with you!

Denise said...

Sorry I am such a slacker it was good to meet you too! I will have my post and some other new ones up this week. I am having computer-camera-loading-Remember I said I was not that smart issues!

WendyDarling said...

I am completely jealous!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were in blogger heaven!

Lee

Tipper said...

Congrats on the decorations-and the meet and greet!