Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Sad, Sad State of Affairs

Houston is basking in delightful temperatures this week. Mid 70's. Ah.

While we are recovering from the shock of the arctic blast, my yard it not.

Remember this glorious bougainvillea that clung to my back fence?


Now it looks like this.



Not so glorious.

The enormous philodendrons now are sad and limp.



The nephthytis that crawls up the tall pecans now hangs limp over our heads.



Most of these will come back on at least some level. That is my hope anyway. But I'm already looking through my gardens books. If this weather holds - which is unlikely - I'll be itching to get out in the yard and make some pretty.

How is your garden fairing this winter?

2 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Yikes! My garden is "hibernating" right now. At last check, I don't think it's snow covered anymore(we really need a good snow storm, it's almost end of January!)

Michelle Potter said...

My garden died during the summer drought, LOL. I'm sorry your plants are not doing well, but I know you can bring the garden back to beautiful! :)