Friday, August 27, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday - Vol. 14

---1---

Just in case you were wondering...


...it's still hot here. I took this yesterday when I hopped in the car to pick up The Boy from school.

---2---

Speaking of which, high school seems to agree with him so far. That is a small miracle. If this sentiment lasts, that will be a major miracle.
---3---

I put up the last of the figs yesterday.

Glad to have them out of the freezer. Not as happy as Aunt Sarah will be to receive her share, I'm sure. Don't you just love my kitchen wallpaper. You don't? You aren't the only one. I really like, but I sure got some interesting comments when I picked it out - 18 years ago. I still like it, but wouldn't mind a change. Not today though. Too much else on my plate.

---4---


I call this one Chickens in Philodendrons. I was halfway hoping that these huge monsters (the plants, not the chickens) would not survive the big freeze we had last winter. They have come back to their full glory. Given the amount of shade we have in the yard, I should complain. They are pretty. They are just so huge!

---5---

I don't know if you can tell, but here is a portion of our habanero crop. They haven't started turning yet. This is as far as I take them. Well, I'll pick them. After that, Hubs is on his own.


---6---

And would you look at that. The bougainvillea has returned. It's not as huge as it was, but it is coming along.



---7---

We are getting settled into our home classroom. We will begin school in earnest next week. We just sort of eased into it slowly this week. We both have to get used to being on a schedule. Well, more of a schedule. Hopefully a more ordered existence will lead to more ordered posting. : )

See you soon!

For more Quick Takes, head over to Conversion Diary.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I do not want that heat! Looks like we'll be hitting 90s next week. Yikes, not looking forward to it.
What is your hubby going to do with those habeneros? They are very hot! I had 6 plants one year(someone gave them to me but they were labeled wrong, I thought I was planting jalapenos)!

Julie said...

And you know it's not just the heat, it's the humidity. It has been hotter than hot here.

As for the habeneros, he make a sauce out of most of them. I think he may eat a few. He has a ridiculous tolerance for heat.

Theres just life said...

Hi, I saw your comment on Pioneer Woman and followed you home. Don't know if you want to keep me or not. We use to live in Houston and now live on 6 acreas an hour northeast of town.
I love your fig preserves. They look really good and the chickens seem to love the Philodendrons. They look all cozy and settled in.
Hasn't the temperature been horrid this year. Hope we have some release soon.
Drop on by my place on the web if you like.

Michelle said...

Ugh, high temps! We had a high of eighty one day last week and you would've thought heaven was shining down over Kentucky.

Tipper said...

Nice 7 takes-some of the same going on here. But we have had a taste of fall of the mornings. So far high school is o.k. here too-I'm so glad for us both!