Monday, August 6, 2007

A New Direction.... Sort of

We had a nice visit in the country yesterday. We traveled around in the area we are interested in hoping to find something for sale by owner or that was not posted on the Internet. We didn't find anything, but we did reaffirm that we want to be out there. It was a beautiful day, too.

We were saddened to find out that our little pizza joint had closed. : (

But, onward and upward.

I'm going to sort of change the focus of the blog. We are still looking for the farm of our dreams, but without a specific place to plan for, we are back to hanging out here and looking. I have enjoyed the whole blogging thing and want to keep it up. I think I'm going to post more about living a countrified life in the city. We do what we can to amuse and pacify ourselves here. We like to play Little House on the Prairie. I'm sure we aren't the only ones out there who are interested in a more simple lifestyle, so I will be sharing my ideas, trials, and errors.

There will also soon be a cooking blog to go along with this one. I do love to cook, especially for others. Since I can't actually cook for most of you, I will share my recipes with you and you can cook in my stead. I have a houseful of picky eaters, so I'm sure cooking for you by proxy will be much more satisfying than trying to feed my brood on any given night.

So check back. I'll get up and running here soon.

No comments: