Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday's Tip

Sugar. It is one of the evils of our modern society. But DANG do I love the stuff. This is one battle that I have not won. It has been a struggle for a long time and will probably continue to be for a long time. I'm doing the best I can.

One thing that I have found to help is stevia. Stevia is actually a sweet herb with virtually no calories. You can learn more about it here.

You won't find it with the sugar, but it can be found. Probably in the health food section of your grocery store. It is sold as a nutritional supplement.

Unlike my ever health conscious husband (tongue inserted firmly in cheek), I have not been able to use only stevia to sweeten my tea. And being a southern girl, I love me some sweet tea. I have, however, been able to cut the sugar I use in my tea by half. I make me a big pitcher of tea in the morning. It's 3 quarts big. I use 1/3 cup of sugar and 4 packets of stevia. I know that is still a lot of sugar, but it is half of what I used to use.

Baby steps. Every little change helps.

1 comment:

Michelle at usr-bin-mom.com said...

You've been taggged:
http://usr-bin-mom.com/index.php?page=entry&id=1980

This is a really fun meme I thought you would enjoy! :)