Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday's Tip

" Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Today's tip is something I need to do myself. Be still. Relax. Accept (and relish) the fact that I am not in charge. Someone else, who is much better at EVERYTHING, is in charge.

Life gets crazy. Sometimes it is what is going on directly with me. Sometimes it just seems to be swirling around me. In either case, I need to take the time to just sit quietly and alone with God and let Him be God. Let Him refill me. Let His peace fall over me.

Sometimes I pray. Sometimes I just sit and praise Him. Sometimes I just sit and try not to think of anything and let God just pour stuff into my empty shell.

I don't do this nearly often enough, but every time I do I feel like I can go on because I'm not going on alone.

Do you ever just sit still? Can you? Is it as hard for you as it is for me?

1 comment:

Jubilee on Earth said...

You are so right... it is TOUGH being still. But it is essential. What's hard is finding that "quiet" place. Good for you for doing that. It's SO important. I loved that post.

:o)

~Maria