Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday's Tip

Today's Tip: Don't be shellfish.

I know. Believe me, I know.

I have given up shellfish. The clams and oysters are no problem. I never liked them anyway. But the crabs! And the shrimp, oh, the shrimp. And the crab stuffed shrimp! I grew up on the Gulf coast. This is more than dinner, it is a way of life. But I have walked away from it.

Shellfish are scavengers. They are very handy to have on the planet as the ocean doesn't have a sewage system. They clean up what others leave behind. And as tasty as they are, I don't want to eat what they have been eating so I don't eat them. It is all part of trying to be less toxic and living healthier.

Again, I'm sorry. While I don't keep kosher, they are not on God's list. I try to listen to what He says. He designed the machine, so He should know how to take care of it.

Live healthy.
(I always say that, but I think of Mrs. Fulgham every time I do. I must change my ways.)

Live healthily!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does that mean that Beer and Pizza are bad?

Evan ;)

Anonymous said...

Does that mean no shrimp? They always look like they've got scales and fins to me when I peel them. Not quite like fish, but not like oysters or clams.

I haven't stopped by in awhile. Love the new (to me anyway) look!

Oh, and goat farms rule! One day, one day....

Anonymous said...

Kindred spirits? Might you be a fan of Anne of Green Gables? :)

Thanks for visiting my blog! We are shellfish & pork free family.