Monday, August 4, 2008

Tuesday's Tip

Today's tip: know your limits.

I have reached mine. At least, for awhile.

We are in the last few days of summer. That means a couple of things, not the least of which is a trip to the beach and some planning for next year's homeschooling.

As if that weren't enough, we have decided to put the house on the market September 1st. We have been playing around with getting the house ready to sell for...well... awhile now. But we have decided we want our farm and we want it now. Despite the reports of doom and gloom, the housing market in Houston (and our inner city neighborhood in particular) is doing well. There was even a report I read a week or so ago that had the first line of the story as, "Houston, we don't have a housing problem."

But that means that I need to spend more time cleaning out and throwing out and generally preparing us for what we hope are the hoards of people who will descend upon us with offers to buy our home for exorbitant sums of money.

I will therefore being taking a blogging break. I will probably stop in now and then. I may even run an old post or two. I will certainly be checking in on my bloggy friends. But I will be concentrating my efforts on getting things a little more under control here.

Don't forget about me. Send me notes of encouragement! And enjoy these last few days of summer.

TTFN

4 comments:

Evan Guy said...

As I've told you guys, you'll sell your house when you're ready. To-date, you've just not been ready. GO AT IT with a "WE'RE MOVING" attitude. Not a "we'll sell our house if someone gives us enough money".....You're gonna need to TOSS a huge amount of stuff!

Repeat after me, "WE'RE MOVING!". Rinse and repeat.

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Good luck with the house.
I do hope you enjoy the rest of the summer. Do leave me some comments if you have time to stop by.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you! I know how it feels to be waiting for a buyer and knowing that you have to move. And moving is so exhausting. Every step of the way is more exhausting than the one before -- the packing, the fast food, the loading of the truck, the driving, the unloading of the truck, the unpacking of the boxes. Drag, drag, drag. There's no fun.

Sure wish that I lived closer and could help. This girl can pack up a house like you wouldn't believe.

Faster than you can say "military wife."

Blessings!
Lacy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the decision to jump into your dream!! I wish you all the best! And I'll still be here when you come back to blog land.