Friday, August 8, 2008

We still live in a construction zone.

I originally ran this post in September, 2007. Things are still booming in our area, so I thought I would encourage myself to keep moving forward with getting the house ready.

I hear there is a housing slump.

This is the view from my front porch.



Of course, you noticed the backhoe and obvious goings on at the first house. Did you notice the framing of a new house going on 2 doors down? That is another new house.

This is the view from my back fence.


The first thing you will notice is that there is no house behind my house. It was torn down to make room for a new house. Across from the lot are 2 actually under construction. The one on the left is new and almost done. The one on the right is a major redo. They have more than doubled the size of the house. There is another one to the left of the one on the left that you can't see. It is also new. And that is not counting the 5 other new houses on that block, 2 of which are actually 3 (4?) story duplexes. There used to be 8 addresses on that block. When all is said and done, there will be 15.

You see why we want to move. It is going to be as crowded here as it is in the suburbs soon!

1 comment:

Evan Guy said...

Repeat after me:

We ARE MOVING. We ARE MOVING. We ARE MOVING.

You need to do every last thing that moving entails, right up to the actual act of moving.

You want me to come direct the activities? I'll be dressed in high school coaches' clothing and I'll have a whistle around my neck. I'll have you moving everything into one room and I'll be directing SCRUBBING, PAINTING, RENOVATION! And you'll be awfully tired and will be going broke!

But THEN it'll sell for a NICE price!! Don't make me come over there!