Things that have changed:
- My mother finally has power at her house. (So glad not to have to beg her to come over every time we talk on the phone.)
- Most of the schools have reopened.
- The grocery stores have both refrigerated and frozen items stocked again.
Things that have not changed:
- Our library is still closed.
- Most of the traffic lights are still flashing.
- The streets are still lined with dead trees and limbs.
As a city, we still have a long road ahead of us to get back to normal, but there is evidence that we are getting there. However slowly it seems.