Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sanctuary

I always like to say that with one shoulder pushed way up and dragging one foot behind me. I'm weird that way.

My lack of posting has been mostly due to just feeling rather overwhelmed by the whole mess of things. It has also been due to the fact that we are a shelter. No, we don't have cots lining our living room or PODs with lines of people waiting to receive MRE's and water.

We have had Aunt Sarah staying with us since last Sunday. Although she lives on the second floor, her apartment is on the south side of the building. The sheer force of the rain pummeling her windows caused seepage. She had very squishy carpets. Oh, and no power or water. Things were pretty bleak at her place.

Unfortunately, all of our bedrooms are on the second floor of our house. Aunt Sarah and stairs don't get along so well, so she has been camped out in our living room. We don't really use the living room for much, but we do walk through it every time we come in the front door or go up and down the stairs. I feel bad that she has so little privacy, but she seems OK with it.

I don't know how long our little arrangement will last. Her apartment building has power and water but no elevators at this point. We will be gone for a few days. Maybe things will be closer to normal when we return.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you can offer Aunt Sarah a place to stay while her apartment is getting repaired. Aren't you wonderful?!?!

I can't think of a more terrific place for her to be!

Blessings!
Lacy

WendyDarling said...

I'm sure she is just grateful to have a place to go, and it is great that y'all can be a blessing to her. :-)

Have fun while you are away. :-)

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

How's Aunt Sarah?

Climbing the walls???

She would be at my house. Josh is not feeling very well.

RUN!!!

Blessings!
Lacy

debi9kids said...

It is so stressful having extra people any time. Believe me, I know all too well.

ps thanks for stopping by my Love is blog and leaving a comment :)

Anonymous said...

Hope Aunt Sarah gets back her home soon. Everytime I see the pictures of Texas on the news-I'm just amazed at the destruction. I'm wishing you all a speedy safe cleanup and return to normal life.

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I’ve got the COOLEST giveaway going on at my site. I’m just so gee golly excited about that I can’t think straight!

www.RazorFamilyFarms.com/contests

Please tell your friends and come check it out!

Blessings!
Lacy