Thursday, October 2, 2008

There's a Storm Coming

I don't know if you read Beth Moore's blog, but you should! Of course, it helps if you know a little something about Beth and her family. But sometimes, it just doesn't matter.

Her daughter, Amanda, wrote a very poignant post yesterday. If you have just been through Hurricane Ike, it will touch you. If you have read the news lately, it will also touch you. If you are living in the world today and don't have your head under a rock, it will touch you.

Go read it here and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I'm off to read that now. Of course, I didn't have to deal with Ike but I have lived through hurricanes, flooding, strong winds, and even a twister. I know how terrifying it is during the storm and then the heartbreak of after the storm - when everything is suddenly so still and calm and unrecognizable. And to then see the places that marked important moments in my life -- utterly destroyed. And the people... some who decided not to evacuate or those who didn't know to evacuate (as was the case with Andrew).

Blessings,
Lacy

Cheryl said...

That was a very powerful and wonderful post. It would do well to be published nationally! Thanks for sharing the link. I enjoy your blog that I found by accident through Pioneer Woman.
Thanks, Cheryl