Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let me introduce myself...

Sorry. The holidays really got the best of me. It has been a fun and full couple of weeks. Before we look forward to the New Year, allow me to catch you up on where I have been.

My husband and I celebrated 22 years of marriage this month. I was 3 when we wed. It was an arranged marriage. : ) As you may have noticed, he is prone to fits of spontaneity. Life with Lar is an adventure. The good kind.

We have had Beloved Nephew and his lovely wife here since the weekend before Christmas. While it is always nice to have them here, this time we are sharing in the anticipation of their new arrival. She should be here in April.

We got another letter from Veronica. We are so enjoying getting to know this little girl. She drew us a picture. I was so taken with it because my own little girl almost always includes hearts and rainbows and smiling suns in her pictures. I'm so glad that her life is such that they fit into her artwork as well.

There lots of cookies to bake and decorate.


And of course, there was the joy of Christmas day. We have all of our family over throughout the day. Over 20 people float through here for breakfast and lunch. It is my favorite day of the year. I love having everyone near. And, the food! Oh, the food! Many sticks of butter gave their lives so that we could have the feast that we did.


And while I think I can say that it was a good Christmas for everyone, Teddy seemed the most excited. He not only got a sleigh, but a new Santa suit and hat. Go ahead, tell me that is not the cutest thing you have ever seen. He was a happy bear.


As soon as the dishes were washed, I went into hibernation. I have been reading and resting and enjoying my family for the last few days. It's about to end, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I hope are getting to some of the same.

(And if you can tell me how to turn the pictures that Blogger turned sideways, I would surely appreciate it.)

5 comments:

WendyDarling said...

Sounds like you had a magnificent Christmas. ;-)

Have a very Happy New Year, my friend. :-)

I'm sorry, I don't know how to turn the pictures.

Jubilee on Earth said...

How fun! What a great end to the year. Hey, just curious... how did you find my other blog? I don't mind if you read it, but I'm trying to keep it private from certain friends and family. Also, are you on Facebook?

~Maria

Tipper said...

So glad your Christmas Season has been nice :)

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

What a great Christmas!

I love the pictures!!!!

Blessings!
Lacy

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas season! And happy anniversary, too!