Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Want to hear something funny?

I have mentioned before that I hide things in my kids' food to try and get a vegetable in them occasionally. One of the things I do is steam cauliflower and puree it. I then freeze it into ice cubes and put the cubes in a baggy in the freezer. Whenever I make mac and cheese, I throw a couple in. It blends into the sauce and no one is the wiser.

Well, the other day I was making said "white paste" as I like to call it. My daughter comes into the kitchen and says, "Mmm, do I smell macaroni?"

Um, not exactly. : )

Someday, she is going to taste cauliflower for real and say, "This tastes familiar..."

2 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

That was a "close call"! :)
I wonder when they will find out?

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

That is awesome... I am going to try that.

Looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday. By the way, where do you get your organic chicken, eggs, etc. in the Houston area?? Thanks!