Friday, February 19, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday

---1---

Guess who came to visit this week. The Sun!!! I can't tell you what a difference it made it my attitude and energy level. We have still had very cold nights and not quite warm enough to suit me days, but sunny cold days are a whole different animal than cloudy cold days.

---2---

I'm feeling all kinds of validated. I took the girl in for a dental check-up this week. I have talked about the problems we have had with her teeth. He molars came in without enamel. The poor thing has already had extensive dental work. Somewhere along the way we discovered xylitol. We do not use any fluoride at all. Her toothpaste has xylitol in it and I mix it into her chocolate milk as well. Her dentist gave her a high five and told her everything looked good. The work previously done is still holding and there are no new issues. Yeah!!

---3---

We made sugar cookies for Valentine's this year. They were so yummy and so cute. I always dread making these cookies as I remember it being such a pain. Funny, but every time we actually make them, I'm surprised at how easy it is. I need to try to remember that part because my baby girl loves to decorate cookies.

---4---

I miss Lent. The church we are going to now doesn't have much in the way of observances or celebrations. No Ash Wednesday service. We would never have known it was Palm Sunday except that our wall calendar said it was. I miss that.

We went to a different church this past Sunday because it was Scout Sunday. The church we visited was much more liturgical and traditional. I liked it. Oddly, the congregation is much more liberal than I am comfortable with, so there will be no talk of heading over there, but it made me think again at how much I am missing some aspects of worship.

---5---

Speaking of Scouts, did you know that the Boy Scouts of America are celebrating their 100th anniversary? Pretty cool.

---6---

Are you watching the Olympics? I have to confess that I haven't watched a blessed thing. I know how pitiful that sounds, but I just haven't. I have friends who are glued to the TV at this time.

A friend lent us the entire collection of Stargate the series on dvd. The kids and I have been hooked on that. (My husband has already seen all of them.) That's pretty much it for us these days. What are we missing?

---7---

I have been watching the pecan trees. Still nothing. They don't typically start to bud until after the danger of frost has passed. Just the same, I just may venture into the yard this weekend. There is so much that needs to be cleaned out and trimmed back. My cauliflower is still happy and I saw a little something on one of the broccoli plants. And I want to get some tomatoes in the ground. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend. For 7 Quick Takes, head over to Conversion Diary.

3 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Don't feel bad that you don't watch the olympic. I don't either.
Now is the time when I envy that you live in the southern state and you can plant something.

Karen G said...

Some of the Olympics have been very cool - other parts, notsomuch. There are so many falls! It makes me sad. I have been thinking tonight that I might be a bit Olympic-ed out...

Tipper said...

Enjoyed the quick takes! My girls were born almost 4 weeks early-without the enamel on their first molars-we had to have them removed before they ever started school.