Friday, April 30, 2010

My Gift to You

I'm sorry. I just can't seem to keep up. But you have been so loyal in coming back despite long absences on my part. I will make it up to you right now. For that and any other evil I may do in your life. Ever. I am going to share with you a recipe so simple yet so delicious that not only you but everyone you ever make this for will seek me out to personally kiss my cheek and bow before me. Today I give you: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (I usually put 2-3 chicken breast in a slow cooker)
4 oz. chopped green chilis (they come in a little can)
7 oz. green chili salsa (a.k.a. salsa verde and also comes in a little can)
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 t salt
12 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Mix chicken with chilis and salsa.

Separately, mix salt and cream.

Soften the tortillas by turning in a hot, greased skillet for a few minutes each or just zap them in the microwave for a few minutes.

Fill each tortillas with a few spoonfuls of the meat mixture and roll them into enchiladas. Place them in a 9 x 13 pan. Pour the cream mixture over the top. Then cover with the cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is golden.

Serve with black beans and guacamole.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Thank you for this easy and simple recipe!! It is going to be a life saver!! It sounds like you could freeze them after cooking. Have you tried that??
Thanks again, Fern

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Looks simple! I may just try it and hope that hubby will like it. Otherwise it will be lunch on me at work.
Thank you for the recipe!