Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yoo-hoo!

Hello? Is anyone still there?

I'm sorry I have been MIA lately. Between traveling and helping out at church, there has been precious little time to blog. Not that there has been much interesting going on. Unless you consider blond food to be exciting.

I just finished up my last day (hopefully!) cooking at church for the dayschool. And while I have had a really good time doing it, I am sick of blond food. Tater tots, grilled cheese sandwiches (on white bread!), corn, canned (canned!) peaches and pears, cookies, hot dogs, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, rice krispies, rice krispie treats, goldfish, animal crackers. The apple slices, orange slices, carrot sticks, and oatmeal are healthier, but they are all in that same white/yellow/orange color scheme. I'm ready to cook spinach and sweet potatoes and beets. Maybe a nice green salad with tomatoes and purple onions. Something pretty.

This working out of the house has really made me miss my home. I am such a homebody. Over the weekend I made yogurt and cookies. I hung some clothes on the line (They are still sitting on the extra bed. : o) I generally tried to re-find myself. But then we had to go to a wedding and Sunday we had to go out our town for the day. It was a start, but I am ready to get back to the business of being a SAHM and homemaker. That and my kids are running amok and my house is upside down. They could behave themselves and clean up for me. I would still want to come home. Really! Really, really! Maybe even more so! Oh, well. It's nice to feel needed.

After I sleep for a day and break out the bulldozer for the house, I'll be back here. Oh, and there are figs to preserve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know all about MIA! I've only been home one full day and I am completely overwhelmed! I must get myself together, eh? I have a new website to launch, by golly!

I sure have missed you! In L.A., I did not have computer access nor did I have the energy to do much blogging had I the access! It was a very busy trade show!

Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to catch up on my blogging buds this week.

Blessings!
Lacy