Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Snakes Alive!

If you have known me for more than about 10 minutes, you know that I don't have any affection for creepy crawlies. No one even comes to check on the blood-curdling scream a good 2-inch Texas cock roach solicits for me. They know the scream and what brings it on.

But snakes. Man, they send chills down my spine just thinking about them.

You can imagine the scream that came out when I ran across this guy while digging in my yard.


He was curled up in the lariope. He didn't mean any harm. He's actually a good guy to have around a garden.



He is a Texas Brown Snake. Clever name as he is a brown snake found in Texas. He was a little guy. Only about 10 inches long.

By far his best attribute, in my book, is that he eats slugs. Go forth and multiply, my friend.

3 comments:

S. said...

My son saw the last photo with your hand. He asked, "Is she catching that to keep it?" I laughed. :)

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Insects don't bother me but I do not like snakes. But I do know that some snakes are good to have around the garden. Snakes = no rodents.

Tipper said...

Well if he eats snails/slugs I guess I'd let him stay too : )